Thursday, May 13, 2010

DUBAI... A DESERT LULLABY




It was my first ever trip out of the country.

I can't wait to be in a real desert, with endless sand and unexplainable heat...

I can't wait to see the only 7-star hotel in the world, the Burj Al Arab...

I can't wait to gaze at those good-looking Arabs...

I can't wait to get lost in a foreign land...

Oh, Dubai... like a beguiling lullaby humming in my mind...

.... still inviting, still mesmerizing.


The King of Dubai loves horses! It is said that his horses are treated like royalties as well. Annually, there's an equestrian competition held here, with millions of dollars at stake for the winners.



Before the Burj Khalifa / Burj Dubai was erected (it was still being built by the time we went there), the Burj Al Arab was the structure that represented Dubai. Upon seeing this for the first time, I was really mesmerized with its beauty! In fact, I shed a tear!








No comments: